Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carol Marine - "Peeking"



Carol Marine - "Peeking" - 6x6in. - SOLD

I recently went through a bit of an artists block. I am going through a period in my life where I am so incredibly busy I never have time to just sit down and ponder. I think sometimes we push ourselves and push ourselves until we lose the inspiration we started with. The other day I forced myself to sit down for several hours and just sketch and think and do nothing else. Of course it was enjoyable - the forcing came from the need to attend to other responsibilites. I came out of this time with new ideas and new things to try. Sometimes we have to MAKE time for this sort of re-energizing or re-inspiring. Unfortunately it isn't productive in the short-term, which is what makes ME hesitate to do it, but the long-term benefits are huge!

No comments: