Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Robert Burridge - Bouquet a Day


Bouquet a Day is part of a series on 12x12 inch canvas, using acrylic paint and collage. I wanted to paint seven small pieces that would go together as well as stand on their own. I started this series out by first "making a mess" of color all over the canvas, then created the vase and flowers by painting the negative shapes. I then added the water in the vase, stems and specific flowers to pull the painting together. When I do a series like this, I line up all seven canvases and paint them at the same time. It is a great warmup time in the studio for me, getting me ready to work on my larger paintings.
Original 12x12, acrylic on canvas. $625 plus $50 shipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work ..!! Painter gave natural touch in this bouquet painting.