Monday, September 8, 2008

Carol Marine - "St. Blasien"


Carol Marine - 8" x 10" - Oil on panel - SOLD

I recently took a trip to Germany with my family to meet my husband's birth-parents. They live in a small town in the Black Forest called Schluchsee, and about 15 minutes away is St. Blasien, where this was painted. I was fairly overwhelmed with the possibilities of subjects - Germany is a BEAUTIFUL place!! I actually had a bit of a frustrating time painting there - please see my blog for more.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is a great painting.
Looks like not many comment over here so I can whine about being in Nova Scotia (where I had major trouble holding onto the weak connection) when your second chance offer for the painting "Gathering" came up.
Darn! I love that particular color combo.
Kelley tells me the workshop was all that and more. Said you really gave them great lessons. I'm looking forward to your March Class in Jax.
Your paintings are fresh and exciting! Every time! Even the ones you think are 'bad'.