Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Rock Path - Peggy Sands


Mixed Media 13 3/4 x 22 $395

I loved the light on the rocks, and tried to catch it, but I wasn’t happy with the painting. It lacked spice, was getting overworked and I didn’t know what to do. It sat on my table till I mistakenly spilled water on it, and it left the realm of high art forever.Another play date with a painting!Drew into it, collaged on top of it, got out my gold foil and experimented with that… needed some red so that was glued on, (the triangles)… painted some more…This way of working is affecting all my paintings. When I become tight with a painting I put it aside for a few days, and then attack it. In the back of my mind I’m afraid I’ll mess it up, but so far so good, and actually the opposite happens. My students always ask me at this ‘attack’ point how I ‘know’ what to do.I don’t, I’m just following something that has no explanation.

No comments: