Friday, October 24, 2008

Michael Chesley Johnson - Golden Majesty

I'm in Sedona now for the annual Sedona Plein Air Festival. It's been a great but busy week, painting in preparation for the final Gala, which is tonight.

Yesterday, I headed off soon after dawn for Red Rock Crossing. I had one painting left to do, and I decided I wanted something with water and a tree. I'd painted my share of red rocks this week, and it was time to move on to a different subject. I found a quiet spot, and my only companions were a pair of fly fishermen who arrived at about the same time I did. I was tempted to include them, but I knew they'd make my 9x12 too busy. (Sorry, guys!)

Here's the painting. I've made it my number one choice for the show:



"Golden Majesty" 9x12, oil/panel
For sale at the Patron's Gala Friday evening (6-9 pm, L'Auberge de Sedona)

No comments: